Sunday, July 17, 2011

Choice.

For the past 3 or so years I have been trying to determine how I would like to spend my future. I was certain who I wanted to spend it with, and who I wanted to worship and serve, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Career wise. It has been the biggest struggle of my life. I will begin to pursue a certain direction, and then God will close the door, or show me a different way to go. I've been on two different paths than I ever thought possible, and I'm about to venture onto my third. I am confused. I do not know what the future holds, but I know that I can trust God. I know that everything will work together for good in the end. I do know what my dream job is, though. I want more than anything to be the best wife that I can be. Second, I want to be the best mommy I can be. My dream would be to stay at home ( possible work part time from the house), and take care of my husband and children. That would fulfill me. That would make me the happiest. I do not want tons of money, I don't care about being famous, I don't want anything except to be loved and love others. I've grown so exhausted from hearing advice from everysingle person and his mother about which career path I should take. I know that most of these people have wonderful intentions, but honestly, if you don't know me well enough then don't tell me how to spend the rest of my life! I've had so many people tell me to join a nursing program or become a doctor. If they knew me, they would know that the sight of blood makes me vomit, and that I cannot stand being around needles- much less sticking one into someone's arm! Those who truly know me understand that I love taking care of others and want to be there for my husband and children. . . all the time. To me, that would be the most fulfilling career on earth. 
With all that said, I've enrolled at Liberty University Online and am pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business this Fall. I'm also going to school to become a court reporter at the same time. I'm not sure which direction God will lead me, but I want to be prepared when He calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment