Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Guest Post: The View

The View: Still Pointless, but Entertaining Occasionally



Guest post of the week by Val Flores



When the snow has piled up, school is canceled and it is impossible to get to work. I may turn on daytimeDirect.TV. The early morning talk shows do not normally hold my interest, but some times I like to see multiple viewpoints, even when all of the viewpoints are usually wrong. Such is usually the case when I turn on the television on snowy days and watch The View on satellite television.
Barbara Walters, the oldest and reasonable member, may not stir up as much controversy, although her political leanings are as far to the left as the rest of her cast in most circumstances. My favorite part of the show is guessing which member will be the voice of reason and which person will storm off the set in disgust. The displays are even more entertaining when a conservative pundit such from Fox Newscauses this.
The View has stayed on the air longer than I expected it would. In all honesty, when I first saw the commercials for it, I was sure it would not last a season. Its staying power has proven me wrong. I can sit down and watch it for a little bit and then turn it to a House marathon on some other channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment