Thursday, July 8, 2010

discovered.




On my way home tonight, I was bombarded with a collection of depressing, pessimistic truths about life. I realized how many discoveries I’ve made recently. This should be something worth celebrating, I mean I’ve been wondering what the answers to these questions were, and I found them. But the answers aren’t happy. They aren’t cheerful, and don’t leave me contently trying to sugar coat them, but they are worth repeating. I’ve discovered that life isn’t as easy as I’d imagined. Big shocker, I know. But really, at six-teen, eight-teen, life doesn’t seem like it ever could get any more complex or difficult. I guess that is what maturity is for. I’ve discovered that love is a job. Love cannot be placed into different “levels” or “phases” . Love is incomparable to anything else in the world. I’ve discovered that all these divorces and separations going on around the world have left me curious, and very determined to stop the cycle and reverse it. I want to educate myself if every way possible concerning why all this is happening. . . and I think I’m finding my answer by reading: Love and Respect. I’ve discovered that normal isn’t really a word. What is normal?! Normal people? Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has their own sets of problems, just some of them don’t choose to share with others, and some do. Yes, I know that some people are right and some are wrong, but I feel like people constantly sterotype people as “normal” who shouldn’t be, and “abnormal” to people who are totally wrong! I’ve discovered that trust takes years to get, but only seconds to lose. I’ve discovered that every single person you know in this world, will disappoint you at least once. Whether a small disappointment or a big one, disappointments are a part of life, and unfortunately the average person goes through a ton of them.

I’ve also discovered that God is with me every step of the way. Even though sometimes my attitude is pessimistic, my heart is tired and my body is sick of the everyday junk, He is there. He will energize my soul and mind and help restore my heart to the way it was when I was younger. Pshh you say, but you’re only 18! Yes, I know, which is why I’m jumping all of this now.
The future is hopeful =).

No comments:

Post a Comment